Friday 6 November 2009

Box Modelled Cat

I decided that i wanted to spend a couple of weeks looking at some tutorials of making animals in 3d because I was still unsure of what final 3 ideas I wanted to create for my stamps. I wanted to find a simple animal that I thought I would be able. A fellow classmate (Tom Early) was working on making a cat using a technique known as Box Modelling. I thought this was a good idea so used the tutorial to have a go myself.
I found it difficult because this is the first animal I have really created from scratch in 3ds Max so it was a challenge but also an enjoyable experiance. After working out how to do them, I believe the legs ar the best part of the model and this technique will be used again in the future. I feel the face needs some work done on it but due to the time restraints I have decided to focus more on my main ideas but now have a better understanding of tools such as Extrude, Chamfer, Bevel etc.
The link for the tutorial is http://www.3dsmaxtutorials.net/modelling-tutorials/box-modelling-a-cat so check it out and see what you think. I have posted a few images of my creation in the design process along with the final design below. The model was started with a simple Cuboid.

1 comment: